BINGLEY United Reformed Church
Dryden Street, Bingley, BD16 2LU
Charity No. 243345
a) BURC will not disclose your data to third parties without your consent (see 4).
b) Your data will only be used for Church administration and activities (see 3).
c) Your data may be shared with church members/adherents for Church purposes (see 5).
d) You may request a copy of your data and correct any inaccuracies (see 8).
e) You may withdraw your consent to the use of your data and request it be erased (see 8).
1. Personal data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
2. Data Controller
The eldership (serving elders) of BINGLEY United Reformed Church is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The eldership of BINGLEY United Reformed Church complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following purposes: –
• to administer membership records;
• to maintain our financial accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid);
• to provide news and information about events, activities and services at the church;
• to fundraise and promote the interests of the church;
• to manage employees and volunteers;
• to enable the church to provide voluntary services for the benefit of the public in our local community;
• to provide contact details of officers and others with specific responsibilities (eg DBS signatories) to the synod office and Church House. This enables the synod and national administration of the United Reformed Church.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided: –
o the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
o there is no disclosure to a third party without consent; or
• Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement; or
• Explicit consent of the data subject has been given.
5. Sharing personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
When someone visits http://www.bingleyunitedreformedchurch.com we use a third party service, Jetpack for WordPress, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Jetpack to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Performance cookies are used to collect details of visitor behavior. No other cookies are used on our site.
Security and performance:
BINGLEY United Reformed Church uses WordPress to help maintain the security and performance of the BURC website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to the BURC website.
We use a third party service, WordPress, to publish our website. The site is hosted at WordPress.com, which is run by Automattic Inc. We use a standard WordPress service to collect anonymous information about users’ activity on the site, for example the number of users viewing pages on the site, to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the site and help us improve it. WordPress requires visitors that want to post a comment to enter a name and email address. For more information about how WordPress processes data, please see Automattic’s privacy notice.
7. How long do we keep data?
A listing of the types of data held by Bingley United Reformed Church and the period(s) for which they are held is in preparation and will be incorporated into this Statement when available.
8. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which BINGLEY United Reformed Church holds about you (a Subject Access Request or ‘SAR’);
• The right to request that the eldership of BINGLEY United Reformed Church corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for BINGLEY United Reformed Church to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
• The right to request that the data controller provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller.
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data;
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
9. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
10. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance write to the Church Secretary at Bingley United Reformed Church, Dryden Street, Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD16 2LU, marking the envelope CONFIDENTIAL.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
BINGLEY United Reformed Church
Date: 2nd May 2018